What we see is the battle between father and Son. The Son who want to do something else than where his father wish for. The battle between feelings and wisdom. strategy, power play and betrayal. A seer who see the future. Lagertha who is asking about her dead.
What we see in this piece of the trailer is very important. It tells us a lot of what will be happening. A couple of phrases I would like to take out of this meeting between the seer and Lagertha.
About the mythology use in this trailer. There is more mythology coming your way. If we look closer to the phrases said in the trailer we found out that there going to mix greek mythology with Nordic mythology. I will get a few phrases out. The marble city is that Rome, the Taj Mahal or Greece we are talking about? If we take Greece it is Athens or about the Greek goddess Athena. If we talk about Rome it where the buildings of that time.
- The first phrase is I see a harvest with Blood this could go with the story of Ivar the boneless and tells us about The Vengeance for more information see http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-vengeance-of-ivarr-the-boneless-4002654/?no-ist
- The second one is city of marble This could be either Rome or Athens but also the Taj Mahal associated with this city of marble. If it is Athens it will be a mixture of Nordic and Greece Mythology. It is about Athena.
- The third is about burning brawling ocean and that is a funeral of that time. We know already that someone is going to die.
We see Floki embodied more and more as Loki. How do you know you might wonder.
- Eckbert in the trailer tells us about truly April (Loki ‘s favourite day is April Fools Day)
- If we see Ragnar hurt by the spear thrown by someone unknown for this moment (If Floki made this spear it has to do with Baldr and Loki mythology) Is this why Floki is holding a crown (is Floki seeking for power?)
- We attack Paris, Tricks are worse (Trickster Loki)
- Floki and the trees (blood brothers Odin/Loki or both made from Yggdrasil) Or is he trying to trap or save someone with the trees
- Floki tells Ragnar how many must die for the Christian he is not amused with Athelstan
Is Loki bound in human form within Floki?
Will they give answers to the questions:
- Who is going to leave Ragnar?
- Who is going to Valhalla or heaven is someone going to die and at the end will this be Ragnar or Lagertha who is going to ask it to The seer? Or someone else.
- Why is Ragnar that angry with Helga?
This trailer also tell there are more confusing things. If you saw both trailers the one from ComicCon and the one we see now there are a lot of differences. Some of it is the same but every new character is already introduced except for one the daughter of the France King.
It’s going to be an interesting season of Vikings, and we cannot wait to experience it ourselves!